- Annual dues are $90. (subject to change upon board approval)
- Application for membership can be made online at bwnfc.org/member-registration or a form may be obtained at the monthly meeting.
- Associate memberships are available for $35 to members in good standing in other WDC groups.
- An additional person on a business membership is $60 annually, if more than one person from the business chooses to attend luncheon meetings together.
- Monthly lunch fees: $16 for members; $21 for non-members (subject to change).
- Fees are for attending the meeting and are charged whether or not a member or guest eats lunch.
- A gluten free, dairy free lunch that is served buffet style. You may choose food that meets your specific dietary needs from the buffet.
- Guests are always welcome! Guests may attend two times in any one calendar year. After that membership is required to attend.
- Any member who brings a guest that joins BWNFC earns a free lunch.
Attendance and RSVP:
- Meetings are held the first Tuesday of every month.
- Plan to attend every meeting to take full advantage of your membership.
- RSVP for the meeting is required before noon on the Friday prior to the meeting. Email reminders are sent two weeks and one week prior to the meeting.
- Payment for the monthly meetings can be made on PayPal when you RSVP at www.bwnfc.org.
- Members who RSVP and do not attend the meeting will be billed for the regular meeting fee of $16.
- Members who attend the meeting without an RSVP or RSVP after the noon deadline on the Friday before will be charged $21 for their meeting fee.
- Cancellations can be made before noon on the Friday before the meeting by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. (you will not be charged or if you have paid on Paypal you will be credited)
What to bring to monthly meetings:
- Business cards. Additional business material may be displayed on the members’ only table by members only.
- Prepared 20-30 second commercial to introduce yourself.
- Please do not put promotional materials on tables or at individual seats.
- Members and guests are encouraged to bring prizes for the 50/50 raffle. We will accept the first five items donated. This is a great way to promote your business.
- Announcements/events can be posted on the bulletin board on the members’ only table.
- In respect for the speakers and other members, you are asked to make sitter or other arrangements for your children.
Proper use of members’ information:
- Please do not send unsolicited mass emails to members.
- Do not share/sell member information to others.
- Do not use Business Women’s Networking of Fort Collins (BWNFC) or Women’s Development Council (WDC) in connection with any other events.
- At all times, members and guests are reminded that the purpose of BWNFC is to promote your business, meet other business women and men and to build professional relationships.
- As much as possible, speakers are chosen from the membership, including affiliate members. From time to time an outside speaker who can bring information on a topic of interest to the membership may be selected by the board. Speaking at a meeting is an excellent opportunity to promote oneself as an expert in one’s field.
- Once the board has approved a BWNFC member’s completed speaker form, the member will be placed on the schedule to speak.
- The speaker form can be downloaded at bwnfc.org/speaker-bureau-form or obtained from the speaker coordinator.
- Members have the opportunity to speak once every 12 months.
- The purpose of a speech is to share business knowledge that will be of benefit to most of the attendees and is not to be an “infomercial” of the speaker’s business.
- If a member is unable to speak at the appointed time, a minimum two week cancellation notice is required. Failure to give a minimum two week notice will result in the member not being able to be scheduled to speak again for twelve months from the date of their cancelled talk. Exceptions may be allowed with board approval.
- The Spotlight table is available for one member each month for a fee of $15 for any luncheon. See the speaker/spotlight table coordinator to make your reservation.
- Spotlight table fee must be paid one month in advance.
- Spotlight table gets an extra two minutes to speak.
- If a Spotlight table reservation is cancelled within 2 weeks of the luncheon the member is still responsible to pay for the $15 fee.
- The spotlight table form can be downloaded at bwnfc.org/spotlight-table-form.
Volunteer Positions for BWNFC Board:
- Speaker/Spotlight table coordinator
- Social/non-profit/PR coordinator
- Membership coordinator
- Meeting coordinator
These volunteer positions will not be charged membership dues.
Volunteer officers are expected to attend all luncheon meetings, social events, and any and all board meetings. In addition, they should attend WDC board meetings as much as possible.
At the beginning of each year, the board may vote to exempt board members from paying luncheon dues once 30 members have paid their membership dues for the year.
At times BWNFC may have committees to organize/handle a project or event.
Questions can be directed to any board member at the monthly meeting or by phone. (Phone numbers for all board members are listed on the purple luncheon roster).